Keli-Ann Pye-Beshara CV
Visual Artist & Blogger
Since 2006 - owner and operator of this sole-proprietorship consisting of my original artwork, prints and greeting cards which I sell direct to the public and wholesale to Newfoundland Retail Locations. I am a Newfoundland promoter through my art, social media and my lifestyle "Piece of Pye" blog. My husband, Brent Beshara, is a very active and fun partner.
I have been termed “The Social Artist” as I periodically paint in public. I started my business by setting up my studio in the front window of a French restaurant in Collingwood, ON, and painted there for 2 years until I moved across to another public artist studio. When we moved back to Newfoundland in 2009, I painted at shows such as The Downhome Lifestyle Expo, Manufactured Right Here and in the Retail Stores that carry my prints & greeting cards. I also do public exhibitions such as the 8 day 4’ x 14’ painting I started and finished in the lobby of the Delta Hotel, St. John’s, NL and am contracted to set up my public art studio at conferences such as OCEANS'14.
From time to time, I teach Art Classes of subjects which I wish to learn better such as “How to Draw Faces” and “Life Drawing”. I volunteer art instruction in schools and for special occasions.
We facilitate the Workshop “The Art of Communication” - a super effective way to bring your corporate peeps together for a creative team-building experience. The art exercise itself along with the visual result of this workshop create an obvious illustration of how information is interpreted differently by different people and how being clear and getting your point across is so important.
Corporate Collections of my work include: Hickman Motors (St. John's), Stack & Associates Law Firm (St. John's), Bluedrop Performance Learning (St. John's), St. John's Delta Hotel, TD Bank (Collingwood, ON), WGD Architects (Toronto, ON), Town of Collingwood (ON), Clearview Montessori School (Stayner, ON), Blue Mountain Village Association (Blue Mountains, ON), Kravet Fabrics (Montreal, QC). And I am very thankful for the many Private Collectors who support my art.
I have been part of many Art Exhibitions, mostly group shows. I pick shows that have a personal connection for me with artists I find interesting.
ART AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2017 Selected as the Newfoundland representative in the book "The Soul Flow - Celebrating Canadian women living exceptional lives who embody courage, creativity, and inspire others to embrace their uniqueness"
- 2009 - Present Through my 50/50 Art Donation Program, have helped many organizations raise thousands of dollars for their causes.
- 2016 Developed an Art Card Fundraising Program in partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Newfoundland & The Georgian Triangle.
- 2014-15 Commissioned by the I AM Genie Foundation to do an original painting as a momento for Wayne Dyer when he spoke in St. John's and gifted Deepak Chopra, Jack Canfield, Marianne Williamson, Gabrielle Bernstein and James van Praagh with my artwork when they presented in St. John's, Ottawa and Montreal.
- 2009 Developed a fundraising model based on my original painting of the school & art product to raise money for playground equipment for Connaught Public School Art, Collingwood, ON
- 2007 Nominated for Business Woman of the Year, Collingwood, ON.
- 2007 Won the Wong Gregersen Dabrus Architects Inc. Artist Competition Commission to paint the architectural rendering of the new Collingwood Public Library.
- 2007 Nominated for the Collingwood Chamber of Commerce Entrepreneur of the Year.
- 2007 Won funding through the Robert Kemp Arts Award to run my Art Sister Program where I took 3 girls from Big Sisters to galleries, studios & restaurants and we each completed a final art piece for an exhibition.
- 2000-2003 Inside Out Designs, Halifax, NS - Co-Owner & Interior Decorator - With a love of design, textures and colours since birth, my business partner and I started a Residential & Commercial Interior Design Firm and created beautiful personalized interiors which increased productivity and happiness within our clients’ spaces. We won numerous awards for our work. This influenced me later in my art career in which I now offer large scale canvas prints of my work to achieve the impactful 'designer look'.
2014 Digital Marketing [Memorial University of Newfoundland]
1997 Interior Decorating & Design Concepts Diploma [Lawrence College]
Award: Highest Grade Point Average of graduating class
1994 Bachelor of Fine Arts – Visual [Memorial University of Newfoundland]
Major: Drawing & Minors: Art History & Photography
Articles about my work are found in such publications as The Downhome, Home & Cabin, The Independent, The Telegram, Oil & Gas Magazine, Escarpment Magazine, Stayner Sun, Collingwood Life, Collingwood Connection, Enterprise Bulletin, mycollingwood.ca, Beyond the City, Dining & the Arts, On the Bay, and Our Homes.
2006 - Present Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Newfoundland & Georgian Triangle
2006 - Present Ongoing Art Instruction & presentations in schools
2014/15 “Based in Business” Panel Member for Veterans becoming Entrepreneurs, St. John’s, NL
2012 Girl Guide Helper, Holyrood, NL
2009 Magic of Children Art Exhibit Juror, Collingwood, ON
2009 Collingwood Public Library Arts Advisory Council, ON
2008 Georgian Triangle Tourist Association – Board of Directors, Collingwood, ON
2007 Big Sister & Art Program with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Georgian Triangle, ON